BT is a global company operating in 180 countries and employing 90,000 people who work at the forefront of the digital advances shaping the information age.
We’ve been operating successfully in the Americas for over 35 years where we deliver business-critical networked IT services to some of the world’s best-known organisations.
And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
What’s it like working for BT Americas?
We chatted to Juliana Correa who currently works as a Global Marketing Specialist. She’s been with BT Americas for four years.
It’s great to meet you Juliana. Can you tell us about your experience to date working for BT Americas?
“It’s great to meet you too! I started my career as a Marketing Manager based in Bogota, Colombia and from day one I’ve interacted with people from all over the globe. My manager was based in Brazil and the rest of my teammates where in Argentina, Mexico, India and London. Four years later I’m based in New York, and I’m still interacting with people from all continents.”
What’s been the best thing about working for BT Americas?
“Working at BT has been a truly international experience. It’s an organisation that gives you a great understanding of different cultures and ways of working. This international collaboration is just one of the ways that BT goes beyond limits!”
Our Americas community
The Americas is a vast area and we provide services across its length and breadth.
We have a presence in 28 Latin American countries where we employ around 1,000 people.
In the United States we have operations in six key cities employing more than 1,500 people.
Supporting the world’s best known organisations
- At BT Americas we work with some of the world’s biggest and best known organisations including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- Approximately 50% of our top 2,000 customers have headquarters or major operations in the US including Credit Suisse, Pepsico, P&G, Thomson Reuters, Schlumberger and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Our other US customers include Euronext, Cameron International, Chubb, Fujitsu and AstraZeneca.
- In Latin America we work with over 800 corporations and government departments including Caixa Economica Federal, Bando do Brasil, Petrobras, Pao de Acucar, Argos, Nutresa, Friogan, Pacific Rubiales and Vive Digital (Ministry of ICT of Colombia).
- Our global customers supported via Latin America include Fiat, Kimberly-Clark, Unilever, Syngenta and Yara.
Networks wherever they’re needed
We pride ourselves on delivering networks wherever they’re needed, from major cities to small communities in truly remote locations. Wherever our customers are, we’re there to support them.
In Latin America we operate an extensive network, with over 160 points of presence spanning the region including two City Fibre Networks. We also provide one of the region’s largest satellite broadband coverage networks
To ensure network resilience and essential back-up facilities to customers in the most remote areas we also provide terrestrial and satellite services.
In the United State we own and operate our own network infrastructure allowing us to provide services to all major U.S. cities.