Careers in project management
This is a key professional discipline in BT. Our project managers make great things happen for our customers and our business.
For customers you'll be providing excellent customer experience, enhancing lives and improving businesses. For BT you'll be driving more efficient and effective ways of working within our organisation.
You'll be making sure we deliver, what we promise, when we promise it. You could be working with a range of customers, from small project start-ups to large, multi-national corporations, delivering a variety of multi-million pound programmes.
We manage projects in areas ranging from TV services and mobile applications, to cloud based working, to major network infrastructure deployment and everything in between.
You could be operating at a project, programme or portfolio level, leading a team of professionals with a variety of business, technical and operational skills across multiple lines of business in the UK or across the world. Through our professional project management practice we're constantly looking out for better ways to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction and business success and you'll be helping us deliver this.
We're looking for self-motivated, self-starters who have, or can develop project management skills to make our business and our customers' businesses more successful.
As a project manager here you'll also:
- Develop a professional toolkit to enable you to understand customer requirements and investment cases, create and deliver against plans, manage risks and issues, influence behavioural change and deliver benefits to customers and the BT business.
- Apply these skills to a wide variety of projects where you will be working with stakeholders at all different levels in organisations, from operational delivery teams to senior executives.
- Practice leadership of people and business change.
- Have the opportunity to gain external project management qualifications with the Association of Project Management (APM). This is the industry recognised professional body for the discipline.
- Provide thought leadership to improve our project management practice across BT.
- Have opportunities to develop and grow within the project management discipline.
The recruitment process will include a half-day assessment centre and numerical assessment, plus potentially an interview as part of the process within the specific BT line of business.