Customer Experience is the heartbeat of our business and if you join us, you will be too. Customers are at the core of everything we do and delivering outstanding customer service is our number one priority, so you will love delighting them whilst gaining an industry recognised apprenticeship.
We offer a huge variety of roles within Customer Experience, these would involve you working in our contact centres, where you can expect to be undertaking tasks such as answering the calls from customers using BT's Emergency Services (999 and 112). You could be helping customers with technical and connection issues or speaking with our existing customers to help with the essential business of keeping their business! Our sales team provide products and services to our new customers and process orders.
You could join our Flex team based in Belfast where you will provide exceptional levels of customer care to BT customers in a combination of service, sales, retention, growth and technical calls. This will involve handling and switching between a range of campaigns including service and sales, outbound sales to existing and potential customers, inbound sales and service as well as account and complaint management across all BT lines of business.
Or you could become a member of the BT Voice Services team; a strong, agile workforce of 700+ personnel spread across locations throughout the UK who answer an average of 40 million calls a year including those for some of the UK's most critical services including Text relay and 999. From our technology to our training, we’ve built the most reliable and resilient high volume, inbound call handling service in the UK. Our team of extraordinary people are the calm and confident voice behind every 999 call. The calls we receive come out of the most extraordinary circumstances, so we've built a team to match.
You must be over the age of 18 to apply for this role and we are looking for people who can do the following:
- Listen very carefully.
- Focus on screens throughout all calls and follow instructions as appropriate.
- Remain calm and focused, particularly when dealing with distressed callers, to ensure that their requests are being dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Strictly adhere to all relevant procedures and mandatory expressions.
Text Relay responsibilities:
- Quick and accurate typing (a minimum of 50 words per minute with 98% accuracy) specifically in relation to the transcription of speech to text.
- Listen very carefully – without interacting unnecessarily but offering assistance to help progress the call if required.
- Focus on screen throughout all calls and follow call status details or other call indicators as appropriate, relay conversation verbatim and as accurately as possible without changing context.
- At all times remain calm and focused, particularly when dealing with distressed or upset customers, to ensure that information is relayed correctly and efficiently.
- Adhere to all relevant procedures and mandatory requirements.
Fantastic opportunity to join our team in Thurso and the potential for a brilliant career within BT. In Thurso we provide a world class customer service across our wide business customer base, delivering a high level of customer service, and you will be expected to carry out a variety of tasks including:
- Clear and concise communication using various methods, to our customers and key stakeholders
- End to end incident management ownership within defined timescales
- 1st line diagnostics across multiple products
- Active involvement in Continuous Improvement
- Drive internal and external suppliers to meet customer requirements
- Increase customer satisfaction by ensuring the customer is kept regularly updated throughout incident
If you’re ambitious, energetic, enthusiastic and want to be part of a growing business then our roles are for you!
For our advanced programme you will work towards an ICT level 3 qualification or if based in Glasgow, Birmingham or Newcastle you will work towards a Customer Service Level 3 qualification. You will need to have achieved or are predicted to achieve 4 GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths - Scottish Candidates this is equivalent to 4 National 5's including Maths and English language
If based in Londonderry or Belfast you will work towards a Customer Service Level 2 qualification. You will need to have achieved or are predicted to achieve 4 GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths. Scottish Candidates this is equivalent to 4 National 5's including Maths and English language.
For our intermediate programme you will work towards a Customer Service Level 2 apprenticeship. No formal qualifications are required although a good level of literacy and numeracy would be a distinct advantage.
Advanced IT Service Desk – Thurso
Intermediate – Middlesbrough, Liverpool
Venture Voice Intermediate - Liverpool
We only accept one application per person for our Apprenticeship Programme, so it’s important that you select carefully and only apply to your first choice. If you are interested in more than one of our roles you can state this on your application form and we can then consider you for all the vacancies you have selected. Good luck!